NDA Government’s Key Initiatives for
‘Young India-Vibrant India’
PM Narendra Modi led NDA Government at the Centre has taken a number of Key Initiatives for the benefit of youth of the country and Young India. Below mentioned schemes are some of the Key Initiatives which are widely debated and discussed from its initiation.
- 3.7 lakh schools students given National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship
- 3.30 lakh scholarships granted to meritorious students of colleges in the last 3 years
- Total amount of scholarship given to students by UGC, AICTE and Central Government is Rs. 1273 cr
- 9.65 lakh school girls sanctioned incentive amount of Rs 3000/- under National Scheme of incentive to Girls for secondary education
- Special scholarship to 24,200 J&K students to complete professional courses in best colleges throughout the country
- National Scholarship Portal has been created as one stop solution for all scholarship needs. More than 2 Crore students have registered on this portal
STAND UP INDIA (Finance)
- To promote entrepreneurship among SC/ST and Women launched by PM on 5th April, 2016
- To benefit at least 2.5 lakh entrepreneurs.
- Loans of more than 15,000 entrepreneurs approved out of which more than 80% are women.
- Rs. 500 crores have been allotted in 2016-17
- 18,565 women and 4,756 SC/STs have so far benefited from Stand Up India scheme.
- Capital subsidy under New scheme ATUFS (Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme) in Textile Sector will create over 30 lakh jobs, especially for women
STARTUP INDIA (DIPP)
- Startup India Movement launched on 16th January 2016 for promotion of Entrepreneurship among youth.
- Action plan unveiled for encouraging startups.
- Tax relief for three consecutive years out of a block of seven year for startups.
- Start-up Fund of Rs. 10,000 Crore to be released over two Finance Commission cycles, that is, by 2025.
- Startups are allowed to issue ESOPs to promoters working as employees
- Startups approved
- 4536 Startup applications have been recognized as Startups by DIPP as on 12th October, 2017
- 74 Startups have been approved by IMB for availing tax benefit
iii. 450+ Startups have been mentored for incubation and funding support by Startup India Hub
Start-up India, a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Start-ups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
In order to meet the objectives of the scheme, the corporation has taken following initiatives:
- Nurturing Creativity and Innovation by institutionalizing Meritorious Innovation Awards
- Transferred about 120 technologies to various entrepreneurs/ Start-ups, contributing significantly to Start up India
- NRDC is assisting DIPP in evaluating the innovation content in the start-up applications for recognizing start-ups and recommending the eligible start-ups for tax exemption and other benefits.
- Designated by DIPP as Government Facilitator for IP filings for Start-Ups
- Partnered with MoMSME-UNIDO (GCIP) for evaluating the award proposals for innovativeness
- Managing and Monitoring Indian Oil and GAIL Start-up Scheme
- NRDC organized a Contest for Demonstrating Innovative Prototypes for Start-Ups during the two-day NRDC annual conference on “Leveraging Innovation Ecosystem for Accelerating Start-ups”.
Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana
- Launched by PM on 8th April, 2015 to promote entrepreneurship spirit among the youth.
- Easy, loans without guarantee under three categories – Shishu, Kishore and Tarun by the banks.
- Loans more than Rs. 1.80 lakh crore disbursed to over 4 crore borrowers in 2016-17 FY as per data available till 13.04.2017
- Budget allocation for 2017-18 doubled to Rs.2.44 lakh crores against Rs. 1.22 lakh crores in 2016-17
- More than 70% of the loans has been availed of by women entrepreneurs
SKILL INDIA (MSDE)
Skill building is the basic and foremost step that would eventually lead to the success of Make in India. With this concept, the Corporation has taken up various activities for the upgradation of the skill set, especially of the rural masses and North – eastern territories.
The programme aims to reduce the drudgery of people in their daily lives belonging to rural and backward areas of the country, facilitate new avenues of employment generation and income generating activities through S & T intervention.
NRDC has conducted over 100 EDP/ Skill Development programs in North Eastern States and other backward regions on coir, sericulture, dairy, pottery, sanitation and agri & food processing clusters to improve the livelihood of the rural population. More than 200 units set-up by trainees and thus creating employment for others as well.
The Corporation also conducts IPR seminars / workshops / training programs. This activity creates awareness about the protection of inventions and also helps inventors and researchers to have the first hand insight in the patent protection procedures, infringement, valuation and commercialization of patents.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana:
Under PMKVY (2015-16)
- 13,000 training centers opened across India Training in 375 trades.
- 19.85 Lakh youth trained part of PMKVY (2015-2016) (updated)
*Placement was not a feature of PMKVY 1, neither was it tracked. The number mentioned is record of voluntary information shared by TPs and thus shouldn’t be counted as an achievement.
Under PMKVY -2 (2016-20)
- More than 5,700 training centres opened across India
- More than 16 lakh candidates trained
- Model training centres known as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKK) are being opened in every district across India
- Physical target of 20.5 lakh approved for 35 states/UT costing to INR 3000 crore till 2020
- 6.01 lakh training to be implemented through state/UTs by March’18
- Additional target of 20 lakh allocated for enrolment and training by training providers
- Women constitute approx. 50% of all enrolled candidates under PMKVY
Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion program (SANKALP) to be launched at a cost of Rs.4000 crores. SANKALP will provide market relevant training to 3.5 crore youth
Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (MSDE)
- In order to encourage entrepreneurship among youth the scheme was launched on 9th November 2016.
- The scheme aims at creating a culture of Entrepreneurship amongst youth by motivating, educating and equipping them with basics skills of entrepreneurship.
- The scheme will be launched in 2200 Institutes of Higher Learning (colleges/universities/polytechnics), 300 schools, 500 ITI’s and 50 Entrepreneurship Development Centres (EDCs).
- The entrepreneurship education will be provided along with the formal education courses through Facilitated Blended Model, which is a combination of e-Learning and Class room teaching.
- The course curriculum is based on experiential learning and emphasises on Learning by Doing.
- E Cell is an important component of the scheme which build entrepreneurial capabilities in the students by virtue of exposing them to the real-life situations.
- Hand holding of the participating institutes and students will be provided through a network of 55 Regional/Nodal Hubs spread across the country
National Young Leaders Program (NYLP)
New Scheme launched in Dec.,2014, to develop leadership qualities among the youth, with 5 following components and implemented through Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.
- Neighborhood Youth Parliament
- Youth for Development Program
iii. National Young Leaders Award
- National Youth Advisory council
- National Youth Development Fund.
Budget allocation for the year 2017-18 is Rs. 25 Crores.
- Under Neighbourhood Youth Parliament, Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan has involved 27.23 Lakhs youth and conducted 22,405 Block level Youth Parliament and 36,997 village level Youth Parliament upto September 2017.
Khelo India – Boost to Sports (Sports)
- First Sports University to be opened in Manipur.
- Launched as a Central Sector Scheme during the current financial year 2016-17 onwards
- Target Olympics Podium scheme launched to identify and assist medal probable for 2020 Olympics
- Task force for preparations for next 3 Olympic Games