Cricketer Mohammad Shami booked for attempting to murder
India Cricketer Mohammad Shami has been booked under various non-bailable, including attempt to murder, and bailable sections on Friday after his wife Hasin Jahan lodged a complaint of domestic violence and infidelity against him.
Jahan filed a written complaint with the Kolkata police on Thursday after going public with claims that Shami had affairs with other women. Jahan, 26, a former model and KKR cheerleader, met Shami in 2011. They got married a year later and have a four-year-old daughter.
* Jahan made startling claims on Tuesday when she posted screenshots of Shami’s alleged WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger conversations with multiple women on her Facebook account.
* Jahan also uploaded photos and phone numbers of the women and alleged that Shami, 27, and members of his family had even tried to kill her.
* Speaking to TOI outside her apartment in Jadavpur, Jahan said she had recently found a smartphone hidden in Shami’s car which had “objectionable” chats, photographs and videos.
* Shami dismissed the accusations of infidelity as a campaign to defame him.
* As a result, Shami got dropped by the BCCI from a list of 26 contracted players. His name was not on the list despite his starring role in India’s only Test win in the recent South Africa tour.
* Shami responded to the developments by posting a Tweet at 11.13am on Tuesday.
* Jahan on Thursday met senior cops in her lawyer’s presence and according to Joint commissioner (crime) Praveen Tripathi, she told them in detail about the trouble between her and Shami but did not lodge any official complaint.